We're proud to be able to introduce our Manx Breakfast Blend and we thought it was only right that we announce it during the week that would normally be the Isle of Man TT (Tourist Trophy) Race Week which has sadly had to cancelled due to Covid and many of us who are from the Island have been unable to visit for such a very long time.
Having grown up in the Isle of Man Helen McEntee has fond memories serving Tea in her Grandparents Hotel in Port Erin. The Towers Hotel located at the top of the promenade served tea silver service style and it is this tea experience Helen is trying to emulate with her blend of proper tea she has created.
The Isle of Man is a UNESCO Biosphere which recognises it's pledge on it's
- natural resources,
- developing their economy in a natural way,
- Making our environmental impact positive wherever possible
- Engaging with the local community
It makes sense that we have created a Manx loose Tea Blend with non of the plastic found in teabags. A recent study showed that many teabags released up to 11.6 billion microplastics and 3.1 Billion Nanoplastics into a single cup!
Our Manx Blend is a delicate combination of Ceylon and Assam tea's which deliver that refreshing strength of flavour you associate with tea from the Isle of Man. For all times of the day when you need a reviving cup of tea. When you can't visit the Isle of Man the next best thing is to sit with a cup of tea that brings you back to the moments spent in the Isle of Man and dream of your next visit!
MAKING A PERFECT CUP OF TEA USING MANX LOOSE TEA
- One teaspoon per person and one more for the pot.
- Always use freshly boiled water and wait until it's just off the boil before pouring onto the tea leaves with a filter Teapot of Mug. Stir gently, cover with lid and leave to brew for 3 - 5 minutes depending on desired strength.
- Give the tea one more stir before pouring.
- Try different amounts of tea leaves and brewing time to find “your” perfect cup of tea.
Find out more information about visiting The Isle of Man here